Senior Building Specialist
The current location is Kerikeri
The Far North District Council is a respected and trusted organisation that is committed to working with the community, elected members and community boards to enable and deliver the best outcomes for the region
We are committed to delivering excellence by being a high performing organisation, and are embarking on a business refocus and transformation to realise this. At the heart of this is embedding our values of ‘integrity, manaakitanga and professionalism’. We’re looking for those people with the talent, enthusiasm and commitment to be a part of our high performance journey
About the position of Senior Building Specialist
A challenging opportunity has arisen within the Compliance Team based in Kerikeri to ensure our regulatory building requirements are met.
This role implements and administers the Councils statutory obligations and requirements that pertain to the relevant statutes and standards for buildings.
Key Competencies and Personal Attributes
- Demonstrated knowledge of law, law enforcement and/or Building surveying
- Experience in the mediation process and conflict resolution
- Previous experience at local government level in the application of the Building Act 2004 and Resource Management Act 1991
- Trade qualification or equivalent
- Demonstrated understating of investigation, research, negotiation and compliance knowledge
- Full and clean drivers licence is essential
If you believe you have the right attitude along with relevant experience, to make a difference to the Far North community, we would like to hear from you!
Applications for this position close Sunday, 3rd December 2017 at 11:30pm.
How to Apply:
- Review a copy of the complete Position Description.
- Complete the questions below.
- This position is based in Kaikohe, Kerikeri and Kaitaia. The current location is Kerikeri.
- The grade applicable to the position is Grade 17 within Councils salary structure.
- The Salary is $78,927 to $92,855 per annum dependent on qualifications and experience.
- Attach a copy of your resume on the following page. Please note this is mandatory, please have your resume available before you commence your application.